Dear Honored Sponsors and Praying Partners,
Greetings to you in the name of Jesus!
I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to you for your unceasing prayers and continuous support to the mission work in Myanmar. I never stop praising the Lord for your partnership with me in the gospel ministry. My great privilege and joy is serving the Lord together with you. The Lord has blessed me and encouraged me so much through your prayers and partnership. “Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now” (Phil. 1:4-5).
I also praise the Lord for using His feeble and unworthy instruments like me. The longer I serve Him, the more I realize my unworthiness. At the same time the better I understand His grace and goodness. I enjoy so much serving the Lord. It is my greatest privilege.
I would like to tell you what the Lord has been doing with us since our last prayer letter in June.
Yangon BP Church: The Yangon church is happy to see the Lord bringing new people to attend worship. Pray that they may become covenanted members of the church.
Sharing the Gospel: The BP youth group delivered 1700 gospel tracts in October. We praise the Lord for blessing the BP church with such active and zealous young people for the Lord’s ministry.
Reformed Faith Seminars: The second Reformed Faith Seminar was held on August 23, 2011. The seminar subject was the Five Solas of the Reformation (Part 1). I presented a paper on Sola Fide. People testified that it was a great day for the Reformed believers in Myanmar. On October 20, we held the third seminar at the Yangon BP Church. It was another remarkable day for us.
Bible Class: The Lord has blessed richly the Bible class in Yangon. We have around 20 people joining the class, mostly BP church members. Some people come to the Bible class to know more about us and the BP church. Please continue to pray for this.
Visiting Friends from Australia: Rev. Edward Paauwe and his group plan to minister to us in January, 2012. They will teach “The Ten Commandments” and “The Five Points of Calvinism.” Please pray for them as they are preparing
It is through your partnership that the Lord has made it possible to keep working the task God has laid upon us. We need your continuous prayer and support to carry on the ministry, even in this next year. I do hope that you will do so. Let’s keep joining our hands for Christ and His church. Myanmar is known as “the land of pagodas.” Your prayer and partnership can help this nation become “the land of churches.” Together we make a difference.
May the Lord bless you abundantly as you have made many sacrifices to “Declare His glory among the heathen, His wonders among all people” (Ps.96:3).
Sincerely in His service,
Rev. Khawl Ro Kima
- Ten covenant children were received as full covenanted church members in October. Half of them are orphanage children.
- The Lord has blessed the Bible class since the beginning. More students have joined the class.
- The Lord has blessed the orphanage children in many ways, especially in giving them good health this year.
- We are planning to have a gospel concert for evangelizing non-Christians living in our neighborhood.
- Please continue to pray for our children who are receiving TB treatments. They are Elder Zauva’s son (Ram Dina), my son (Andrew) and daughter (Jenny).
- Pray for the future missionary who will continue the mission work at Namhu. Right now we have one candidate.
- Pray also for the future pastor who will take care of the believers at Thinglei. Elder Mawia is taking care of them at this time.
- Please pray that God will provide the additional $2,500 needed (in addition to our current donations) to cover our expenses in 2012.