Dear Church Family:
We have been experiencing exciting times serving our Lord Jesus Christ. How wonderful to see how mighty our God is.
PRAYING FOR THE NATIONS, LA PAZ BPC
The month of May was dedicated to prayer. We had a time for our church family to engage in vigorous prayer, asking God to mature us spiritually, for our government, for jobs, for healing, to lead us in our church, and to empower our witness. We did prayer cards for our meetings on Wednesdays at 8:00 pm and Sundays at 9:30 am. Our people encouraged themselves sending mobile messages with 1Thes.5:17, “Pray without ceasing,” asking our members to join us in our prayer services. We finished our last Sunday with a parade of flags. In our morning service we prayed for Israel and the countries of the world. On June 4th, we joined in prayer for our BPC in the USA.
In our Sunday school we have rewarded our best students at the public school with gifts. Our desire was to motivate our children to become the best student, being a testimony as a Christian. Also we like to emphasize excellence in our church. It could be a good example for other children. We praise the Lord for these kids.
GOSPEL OF JOHN FOR TEENAGERS
The schools are now on their winter vacation. Some of David Jr. and Prisila’s classmates were asking for a place to take nine classes in mathematics. We invited them. It was a blessing because we had a devotional 10 minutes before each class. Now 34 teenagers received the Gospel of John. We praise the Lord for this opportunity. Please keep us in prayer.
AYMARA NEW YEAR AND GOSPEL TRACT DISTRIBUTION
On June 21st, my wife and I woke up at 3:00 am and drove about 45 miles west of La Paz city to the Town of Tiwanacu. We went to hand out 2,000 gospel tracts and 20 copies of the Gospel of John to Bolivians and tourists who gathered for the celebration of the Andean New Year (5520). We also took popcorn for the children. We praise the Lord for His protection during our travel.
Finally, we gathered children of the area to teach about Jesus Christ. We had a wonderful time singing and telling stories about the Bible. We gave them coloring books and popcorn.
- We are going to start our puppet ministry. It could help our Awana. Please keep us in prayer.
- On July 16th, we commemorate the La Paz city anniversary. We will handout 2,000 gospel tracts.
- Pray for our church members’ class and for new deacons.
- Pray for our Ladies’ Bible study.
- Please continue in prayer for David Jr.’s recovery.
- Please pray for the completion of our church building.
- We distributed 20 copies of the Gospel of John and handed out 2,500 gospel tracts in the Tiwanacu Town. Aymaran and Bolivian people, as well as tourists received the tracts. Also we distributed 34 copies of the Gospel of John to the students of the American Institute.
- We fed the homeless in the area next to our church, and we shared the gospel.
- We bought 16 Bibles for our Church.
- We had good classes teaching at St. Paul Theological Seminary.
Thank you for your prayers and faithful support. We will still be praying for you.
“Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season;
reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.” 2 Timothy 4:2
In His Service,
Rev. David and Gloria Quisbert, David Jr. and Prisila.