Fourth Quarter: October, 2012
Dear Partners in Missions,
Greetings in the name of Jesus Christ from La Paz, Bolivia. As always we thank all of you who have remembered us in prayer.
We started our puppet ministry to tell stories to our Awana children. We prepared a team of puppeteers with both teenagers and adults who worked with enthusiasm. Our puppet stage was made of PVC pipe. We had a great impact reaching the youngest children. We have small puppets; we are praying for some soft puppets. Pray for us.
PREACHING FOR ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
We praise the Lord for His blessings and for those who prayed for our preaching before the Bolivian authorities. On July 16, we went with our elders, deacons, and my family to the “Murillo” square. (We prepared a flower arrangement to present in the list of government’s institutions for the La Paz anniversary. In the middle of the flowers we drew a Bible with the verse John 14:6. In their list we were number 54.) That day we arrived early in the morning, and we saw only one floral gift waiting. The protocol officers put us in the second place. We were happy we moved from the last presentation to number two. It was a great blessing. I had the privilege to preach the sermon based on Galatians 5:1–15, “Standing Fast in the Liberty of Jesus Christ.” At the end of the service we had the opportunity to shake hands with the Bolivian authorities. We gave them gospel tracts and copies of the New Testament. May glory go to our Lord Jesus Christ. All the activities were broadcast live by the national Bolivian TV.
AWANA MINISTRY IN OUR BPC
September was an exciting month. We celebrated the anniversary of the Spanish Bible, the Reina–Valera. It was published in 1569 and was nicknamed the “Biblia del Oso,” “Bible of the Bear,” because of the printer logo on the front page, a bear at a honey comb.
Our Awana kids learned the Old Testament and New Testament divisions. Also September starts the spring season. We prepared a special program to celebrate students’ day in our church. On September 22nd, we had a wonderful time with our clubbers. We sang, memorized Bible verses, played games, and had snacks. We praise the Lord for this children’s ministry. It is fun and exciting to teach the Bible with games. Please keep us in prayer.
EVANGELISTIC PROGRAM AT LA PAZ BPC CHURCH
We were encouraged in August when seven adults and eleven children turned to Jesus Christ in our evangelistic program. Again, the church worked planning an attractive evangelistic program for September 30th. Our church members prayed for their relatives and friends. On September 30th we had music, a choir, poetry, and personal life testimonies from Alfred, Beatriz, and Roland. Our program went from 10:30 am to 1:00 pm. We had seven counselors with Christian literature in their hands. They served helping the new people. We praise the Lord because we won twelve adults for Jesus and two children. We finished our evangelistic program with a fellowship time around sandwiches and coffee. Thank you again for your prayers.
- In August and September the Lord has blessed us with nineteen adults and thirteen children who turned to Jesus Christ.
- We praise the Lord for the provision of a large gift to help with the completion of our building.
- We are also grateful for additional funds the Lord has provided which will enable us to buy Bibles and tracts.
- We praise the Lord that our church is working for evangelism. Every Sunday we are welcoming new visitors in our services.
- We handed out 1,000 gospel tracts and 25 copies of the Gospel of John.
- We praise the Lord for our Awana and puppet ministry.
- We praise the Lord for our website and 24/7 stream ministry.
- Please pray for our children’s evangelism service on October 14th.
- Please pray for our Awana Ministry. Volunteers and leaders are needed.
- Please pray for our annual Reformation day lecture.
- Please pray for our radio program, “Pastoral Reflection,” through Radio Majesty 105.7 FM stereo.
Over the coming months we have much to do. Please keep us in prayer. We will be praying for you.
“For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, and do not return there, but water the earth,
and make it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
so shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.” Isaiah 55:10-11
As always yours in His Service,
Rev. David and Gloria Quisbert,
David Jr. and Prisila