Dear Pastors and praying friends,
Our family truly says that the Lord has done wonderful things in Bolivia. We would like to share with you some of them.
One of our dreams for our BPC in Bolivia was to have a nice view of our main façade. We had two projects. The cost for the construction was too expensive. Sometimes we were discouraged since we didn’t have enough money. We prayed. Finally we worked, building the façade and the entrance. We had two workers all the time, and the church members were dedicated to provide all the construction materials: construction sand, cement, stucco, wire lath, nails, paint, brushes etc. In the entrance we installed two tempered glass doors. It looks amazing. For our façade window we bought glass that could impact people with the cross design. Also in the main façade we did the name of our BPC (in Spanish) in bronze cut metal letters. We praise our great Lord for His strength. How fast the construction has gone. We are happy.
PRAYING FOR NATIONS AND OUR BPC
We celebrated Pentecost Sunday with a special service of prayer. We had a parade of flags. We prayed to God for our church family, government, and country. Our whole congregation-men, women, and children-prayed on their knees. We prayed for Israel and for our BPC around the world.
We praise the Lord for our faithful clubbers. Forty-three attended and had a great time.
In April we continued with the church construction. It was hard for our children because we stored some construction materials (bags of stucco, cement) in the sanctuary. The first floor was impassable because of the construction work. That area was closed for kids. Even with all these difficulties we continued with our AWANA Club.
I praise the Lord for my wife and daughter. They are determined to gather the kids in our neighborhood. Each clubber is special to our family. At the church my son, David, Jr., prepared all the materials and uniforms for the day. I prepared popcorn and snacks for 45 children. This ministry helps us to teach the Word of God, songs, games, and Bible memorization. Please pray for this ministry to grow in our church.
FEEDING THE HOMELESS
We have the opportunity with my family to feed the homeless people in the area close to our BPC. These people sleep on the streets; they are hungry for food and hungry to hear the gospel. We provide them a cup of cold milk and bread, and we teach the gospel with Bible stories. Also we pray for these people. We love to work in solidarity. We hope that they don’t forget the message of the gospel.
- Please pray for our church’s new members’ class, new deacons and elders.
- Seminar about public speaking for “El Alto” city pastors.
- Pray for our AWANA and Ladies’ Bible Studies.
- Tracts distribution— 2,000 samples in the streets, markets and Tiwanacu town.
- We are writing guide books for our Sunday school.
- We will print and bind books with Westminster Shorter Catechism explained for our Sunday school.
- Pray for open doors to obtain my Visa to travel to the U.S. this summer.
- We praise the Lord for the new façade and the entrance of La Paz BPC.
- Over 100 homeless people received a cup of milk, bread and Gospel tracts.
- Praise the Lord for the visitors on Mother’s Day and a good fellowship luncheon.
- We praise for our prayers and donors. God is faithful in meeting our family needs.
May God richly bless each of you.
In His Service,
Rev. David and Gloria Quisbert, David Jr., and Prisila