Official Name: Brazil
Capital City: Brasilia
(2,606,885 pop.) (3,451,549 metro)
Population of Brazil:
201,009,622 (2013 est.)
Population of Recife:
1,478,098 (Around 4 Mill. metro)*
Portuguese (official), and most widely spoken language. Less common languages include Spanish, German, Italian, Japanese, English, and a large number of minor Amerindian languages.
Roman Catholic (nominal) 73.6%, Protestant 15.4%, Spiritualist 1.3%, Bantu/voodoo 0.3%, other 1.8%, unspecified 0.2%, none 7.4%
Brazil Real (BRL)
White 53.7%, Mulatto (mixed white and black) 38.5%, Black 6.2%, other 0.9%, unspecified 0.7%
Except where noted, information taken from www.worldatlas.com.
Born to missionary parents in the country of Brazil, Rev. Doug Leaman grew up in the Bible Presbyterian Church where his dad served as missionary and pastor for many years. After graduating from The Master’s College in 1995, Doug worked in Brazil for almost a decade, during which time he married Leah. They learned about the language, culture, customs, and people of Brazil while developing a heart for ministering to Brazilian people. After 500 years of Roman Catholicism, spiritism, a growing secularism, rampant political corruption, and an evangelical world that is inundated with the latest fads from around the world, Brazil is in need of the winds of the Reformation.
Doug is an ordained minister of the gospel in the Bible Presbyterian Church. He has a Master of Divinity degree from Western Reformed Seminary and a Master of Arts degree in Biblical Counseling from The Master’s College as well as biblical counseling certification through NANC. His mission is to teach biblical counseling/discipleship and to preach the gospel as far and wide as the Lord will allow in cooperation with churches faithful to the gospel. The Lord has now blessed Doug and Leah with a family of seven boys.
Please pray for the Leamans.
Watch more about the ministry in Brazil
Thanking God for:
- Health and physical strength for the Leaman family through the Coronavirus chaos.
- The excellent visit from Ethan Hollander from Olympia who lent us an energetic hand for a two week building project on the “SDG” property.
- The wonderful trip to Sao Paulo in January, visiting God’s people and seeing first hand some of the beautiful scenes of this vast and well-favored land.
- Eugenio, Natalia and Julia who are now living on the property and will be taking care of the physical needs of the land.
Please Pray for:
- Health and strength to continue on raising the banner of God’s glory and the sufficiency of God’s Word in this thirsty land.
- The new adventure of teaching on Zoom in April to go well.
- The furlough that will begin in May to be able to go through as planned and that we will be able to safely visit God’s people.