St. Paul, MN
About Covenant Reformed Church
Church Website: Cornerstone Reformed
Population of Saint Paul, MN:
285,068 (Estimated 2015)
Elevation of Saint Paul, MN::
242 m over sea level
15.50% African Americans
0.9% native Americans
32% Mainline Protestant
21% Evangelical Protestant
28% Roman Catholic
1% Jewish, Islamic, Buddhist, and Black Protestant
Except where noted, information taken from www.worldatlas.com.
Rev. Frank Liu: Cornerstone Reformed Church
Cornerstone Church is a gospel-centered body of believers who love our Lord Jesus Christ and also love one another. The members have a heart to see others come to faith in Christ. We are a diverse mix of people from the very young to the very mature, with a variety of ethnicities that represents the diversity of the Twin Cities. Cornerstone also has a sizable number of seniors with time and experience who still have the energy to serve. While the members come from a variety of church backgrounds, Cornerstone desires to be self-consciously and unashamedly committed to the Bible and our confessional standards. While the church body is small, the vast majority are active and eager to serve the body of Christ. To serve the community, Pastor Frank Liu is a volunteer chaplain with the Saint Paul Police Department.
Pastor Frank Liu is a graduate of Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary in Taylors, SC. He has served Christ's church as a ruling elder and then as a pastor for four years before being called to pastor Cornerstone. Frank has been married to Melissa since 2004; they have two children.
Thanking God for:
- The recent profession of faith and baptism of a St. Paul police officer.
- The continued support and guidance from the session of Grace BPC in Cincinnati, OH.
- A member who passed his US citizenship interview and will be sworn-in in February.
- A growing “culture of evangelism” within the life of Cornerstone.
Please Pray for:
- The young couple that completed their pre-marital counseling, that there will be genuine conversion, spiritual growth, and regular involvement in the ministry of the local church.
- Our faithful and bold witness to those within our families, workplaces, neighborhoods, and communities.
- Good friendships to form with a refugee Karen (a people group from Myanmar) family in Saint Paul whom we have recently met through Arrive Ministries.
- The Lord to bless our outreach efforts to young families through a parenting class, for conversions to come from it, and for the spiritual growth of all involved.
- Team Timothy that will be coming to the Twin Cities in the summer of 2020.